When it comes to moving heavy items, you need to go the extra mile with your packaging. Make sure your packaging solution is robust and provides extra protection for items that are heavier than usual. Don’t take any chances because you want your shipment to arrive in pristine condition!
Safeguarding Your Valuables with the UK’s Leading Packaging Solutions:
We know how important it is for your goods to make it safely, no matter the distance. That’s why we’re the premier and biggest packaging provider in UK, making sure your items are kept secure and sound.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some tricks on how a business or individual can ship their huge or bulky items without getting damaged.
Few Things to Consider Before Dispatching Heavy Products
Analyzing the differences between shipping options can be a tricky process. To make the most informed decision, it’s important to understand the fundamentals of each option. Let’s check out some of them.
- Choose the right carrier: Heavy products require specialized carriers that can handle the size, weight, and fragility of the goods. Research different carriers and choose one that has experience shipping heavy goods and can provide the best service for your customers.
- Know the dimensional weight: When selecting boxes for shipping your products, it is essential to be mindful of the dimensional weight. If you choose larger boxes, the DIM weight will be high, thus resulting in more expensive shipping expenses.
- Buy a pallet wrap: If the goods are too large or heavy to fit in a box, you can use a different type of pallet wrap, such as Clear pallet wrap for packing UK for extra support and stability.
Know How to Ship Large and Heavy Products Without Any Damage
Ensuring your oversized shipment arrives intact requires employing certain tried-and-true methods. These listed tips will guarantee that your product reaches its destination without any damage.
- Figure out the best way to send your bulky item based on its weight and size: Determine your shipping method by weighing and measuring your package, which could be standard delivery, oversized shipping, or freight.
- Consider splitting the shipment into several packages: You can potentially save on large package shipping fees by breaking up the items into multiple smaller boxes instead of sending them in one large package.
- Try to utilize a robust box: If the items that you are packing are heavy, you should get a strong, durable box. New boxes are the best choice since used boxes may not be as strong. Additionally, you can put your box in another box to give it extra strength and protection.
- Choose a heavy-duty packaging tape: Securely place your items in the box and then seal it with reinforced packing tape; it might be clear, brown and fragile tape for Shipping UK. Follow the “H” technique along the seams. It is not recommended to use masking, duct, or Scotch tape for shipping.
At Stock Supplies, you can find all the packaging solutions products, including stretch films, packaging tape, boxes and more, for your next large item shipment.
However, by implementing these shipping strategies, you will be able to reduce the amount of time and effort wasted on unnecessary tasks and increase your business’s profit. Keeping your customers’ needs and satisfaction in mind is essential for success.